April is here and that means it’s time for a new Spice of the Month. This month we’re trying Cardamom and can’t wait to hear what you think of the recipes we picked out. The Sumac Chicken from last month was a hit! If there’s a spice you’ve always wanted to try but weren’t sure where to begin or didn’t want to buy something you’d be stuck with, let us know. We’re happy to take suggestions and help your culinary dreams come true.
A few events at the Caestecker Library to jot in the calendar for the next couple of weeks:
- During the month of April our Hickory meeting room will be showcasing Pat Dobrinska’s art student’s work. It’s always inspiring to see the beautiful and varied styles of art the class brings to the show.
- Knitting Group on Mondays at 10 am
- Roasts & reads on Tuesday, April 4 at 10 am
- Play & build on Tuesdays at 10 am
- Storytime on Wednesdays at 10 am
- Thursday Movie Matinees at 2 pm: April 6 will be The Son and April 13 will be
- The library will close at 1 pm on Friday, April 7 and be closed Sunday, April 9 for the Easter holiday. We will be open regular hours on Saturday from 9 am-1 pm.
- Friends Book Sale on Wednesday, April 12 from 1-4 pm
Shoutbomb text alerts for library holds, renewals, and reminders has a new phone number: 833-568-7242. If you have Shoutbomb as a saved contact in your phone, please update your contact information. If you’re interested in signing up for text alerts, grab your library card and pin number and text the keyword signup to the number above. More info can be found on our website at greenlakelibrary.org.
Want to hear more? Sign up for our e-newsletter!