Congratulations to all our local graduates, from 4K right up through college. School may be ending, but the summer programs are just getting started here at the Caestecker Public Library. There are concerts and movies and story times and craft days to look forward to as we go through the summer. We Hope you will join us for some (or all!) of them. Check our Events Calendar to get all the details. A list of the upcoming event reminders and opportunities:
- Special open hours 11 am-4 pm on Sunday, June 5 at the library for Green Lake’s 175th Anniversary Celebration. We will have some Green Lake historical displays up, library history scrapbooks available to flip through, a kid sized log cabin to explore, and host an hourly drawing opportunity to take home some Green Lake history for yourself with a free copy of Green Lake Memories II by Thomas Gnewuch.
- Thursday Movie Matinee lineup: Dog with Channing Tatum on June 2nd, and Death On The Nile on June 9th. The show starts at 2 pm.
- Roasts & Reads: Join us for a casual book club to talk over your recent reads and find some new picks to try on Tuesday, June 7 at 10 am.
- Summer Reading programs, activity packs, and opportunities to read for prizes start on June 13th.
- Reserve your space for a 6-week Tai Chi class led by Amanda Kutcher of ADRC by calling 920-787-6666. Classes will be twice a week on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30-11 am, starting June 28.
In May, the family of Barbara Jane Clark generously donated a Merlin Ultra Vision Enhancer to our library. The Merlin Ultra magnifies text and images allowing individuals with low vision to read write, view photos, enjoy crafts and hobbies, and more –in color, black-and white, or enhanced high-contrast modes. While that may sound like a lot of options the functions are easy to use, and library staff will be happy to give you a walk through of the features. The Merlin is now located over by the newspapers and ready for use and enjoyment. As always, library board and staff are grateful for the generosity and thoughtfulness of our community and library patrons. We are excited to share this new resource with you!